EDC the staple of Rave Culture is the leader in dance culture events. Here are 10 things you didn't know about the Electric Daisy Carnival.
1. Back in 1997 the entrance tickets for EDC only cost $20! Wheres that time machine at??!
2. EDC has over 150,000 attendees each year which makes it the largest music festival in the world, 2X larger than Coachella.
3. Fans from over 96 countries attend EDC Las Vegas each year. That’s almost half of all the countries in the world.
4. 225 legal weddings have been performed at EDC Las Vegas.
5. 24 full-size carnival rides dot the landscape of the festival grounds.
6.The magma flame cannon at the bassPOD stage shoots a stream of fire 180 feet high – the largest fire structure at EDC Las Vegas.
8. EDC grew from a one day event to a two-day event in 2009. In 2011 it grew to a three-day event when the festival made it's debut at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
9. In the past 5 years EDC has generated over $1.8 billion dollars in revenue for Las Vegas.
10. EDC stages generate over 900,000 watts of raw speaker power. Say watt!!?
Sources: MagneticMag, Wikipedia, Insomniac.